At Christ Presbyterian, our children’s ministry is designed to support parents as they lead their children in the Lord by creating discipleship opportunities and community building activities.
Our church provides a nursery for children birth through preK. Each nursery room is divided into age appropriate groups to help foster an ability to love and care for each individual child. Children are fed a snack, listen to music and play together during this time. Each volunteer must pass a background check and go through a ministry safe training before they are able to serve with our children.
- Baby room - (birth to 18 months) This room opens at 10:15 am before the worship service begins.
- Toddler room - (18 months to 2 years) This room opens at 10:15 am before the worship service begins.
- Pre K room - (3 years to finishing preK) Children are dismissed for this room before the pastoral prayer. We encourage you to bring your child into the worship service with you until they are dismissed
- Sunday school - Our Sunday school is for children aged birth through 11 years old. We meet during the fall and spring semesters. Each semester we meet from 9:30 - 10:15 a.m. Children are welcome to come at any point during the semester. This semester we are studying the parables of Jesus using the Listen Up curriculum printed by New Growth Press.
- Neighborhood Kid’s Club - Each summer our church holds a series of Neighborhood Kid’s Clubs throughout our community. Neighborhood Kid’s Club is an opportunity for children to come together and learn about God’s word in a laid-back, fun setting. Each family is encouraged to invite friends and neighbors to join us for this event. These camps meet three weeks during June and July.
- Fun Camp - Fun Camp is a camp for children ages pre-K through 5th grade and meets for three consecutive days during the summer. Children rotate through art, music, sports, and Bible stations. We also have a whole group worship time as well as serve lunch.
- Seasonal events - Each season we offer workshops that give families a time to come together and fellowship as well as celebrate different holidays. We usually have a Back to School bash, Advent wreath workshop, Christmas Party, Resurrection Garden workshop, Easter egg hunt, and a few summer playdates. During several of these events, families go home with curriculum to help foster discipleship at home.