We want to equip and encourage parents to take the primary role in the discipleship of their children. We also want to be supportive of their efforts by offering discipleship settings parents can make use of. This is primarily being done through Sunday school classes and occasional youth gatherings. Youth often participate with their family in a Community Group as well.
(Youth are considered those turning 13 the current school year up to seniors in high school).
Youth and Family Ministry Vision
- Mission “To strengthen family discipleship and to offer Christ-centered social and discipleship settings for young people and their families.”
- Guiding Principles In addition to our doctrinal standards and core values, these principles guide our youth and family ministry. While programs may change, these principles will remain the same driving force behind what we do and how we do it.
- Primacy of Parents God intends for parents to take the primary role in the spiritual formation of young people.
- Support of Church Christ Presbyterian Church will support this spiritual formation by:
- Equipping and encouraging parents to raise their children in the Lord
- Offering social venues and discipleship programs for youth and families
- Grace among Families CPC families will show mutual grace and respect to one another concerning parenting methods, educational choices, and family dynamics. We will seek to love, support, and encourage one another without letting these differences divide us.